CPEng via Interview process for experienced engineers
Engineers Australia (EA) offers Chartered status for experienced engineers via streamlined interview process (Chartered Via Interview | Engineers Australia).
It is a premium pathway for senior, experienced engineers designed to achieve Chartered status with a minimum time commitment. Experienced engineers should make use of this privileged pathway offered by EA and be recognised as a Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) without delay.
The Chartered credential is a key offering by any professional engineering body. It is also an important bench mark to the industry against number of key competencies spanning across technical, management and communication skills. In addition the community recognises you as an independent, competent and ethically practicing engineer who is capable of providing service with integrity and drive. Charter status gives you an edge when you have to compete for a promotion or start a career as a consultant.
With your status as a Chartered engineer, you’ll gain Global recognition, Career progression and Leadership development.
If you have 15 years or more experience in the profession, you could achieve your Chartered status without delay with the Chartered via Interview process.
How to get Chartered Via Interview (as published in EA website)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting use of the Chartered via Interview pathway and attach your CV and completed Self-Assessment document ((https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/sites/default/files/Chartered/EA-PSP-CA-F-002%20CVI%20Self-Assessment%20Form%20Rev%20(1)%209th%20Oct%202019-1.docx).
- Engineers Australia will review your CV, and if accepted, will provide access to the Chartered via Interview pathway within the online application system. If not accepted, you will be advised by email which will detail other Chartered application options for you.
- On receipt of the Alternate Pathway approved notification, follow the prompts to enrol and provide your payment, CV (again) and CPD Log.
- You will be contacted to arrange a suitable time for your Professional Interview conducted via video platform e.g. Skype etc. The Interview will take approximately one hour and will involve a broad discussion of your engineering career.
- Following the success of your interview, you will receive an email notification confirming your Chartered award and Areas of Practice. An official Certificate will follow in the mail soon after.
For complete details please refer Chartered Via Interview | Engineers Australia